Collection of Your Information
We collect or receive information about your interactions with us. Depending on how you use our Services, your information may include:
- registration-related information (such as name, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, occupation, product or vehicle information, product or vehicle history);
- information about the Services that you use, how frequently you use them, how you connect to us and obtain the Services, and your responses to the offerings presented or made available by us;
- customer service information about you as a user of our Services;
- location data;
- information about any devices, connections and methods used to access and interact with us; and
- other information related to your use of the Services, including information that you publicly post using tools made available by us.
We may also receive or collect certain technical information when you use our Services. This may include: your browser or operating system; your manner of connecting to the Internet and the name of your Internet service provider or wireless carrier; your Internet protocol (IP) address; information about referring websites or services (websites you used immediately prior to using our websites or other Services); exiting websites or services (immediately after using our website or other Services); and data relating to malfunctions or problems occurring when you use our Services. Additionally, we may collect information about other software on your device for the limited purpose of protecting your security or improving your online experience.
How Your Information Is Used
Your information is used for purposes that include:
- to provide, operate and improve the Services available through us;
- to personalize the content provided to you;
- to fulfil your requests for tools, software, functionality, features and other products and services;
- to communicate with you and to respond to your inquiries;
- to conduct research about your use of our Services; and
- to help offer you other products, features, or services that may be of interest.
To preserve the integrity of our databases, we retain personal information (i.e., information that is identified with you personally and could be used to contact you directly such as full name, mailing address, phone number, credit/debit card information, or email address) and demographic information (i.e., information that is not identified with you personally; this may include, but is not limited to, post code, hometown, username, device information, device location, IP address, SMS data, transaction information, gender, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information) for an indefinite length of time. We consider your submissions as consent to store all your information in one place for an indefinite length of time, if we so wish. If required by law, we will nullify user information by erasing it from our database.
Your Personal Information
Sharing of Your Information
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with our business partners, such as publishers or connected sites. We may also disclose such information publicly to show trends about the use of our Services.
The contents of your online communications, as well as other information about you as a user of our Services, may be accessed and disclosed under the following circumstances: in response to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena), in other circumstances in which we have a good faith belief that a crime has been or is being committed by a user of our Services or that an emergency exists that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person, when necessary to protect our rights or property, or for us to render the Service you have requested.
We may use independent service providers in the provision of our Services to you. Their access to and use of information is limited to these purposes.
In the event that ownership of our company were to change as a result of a merger, acquisition, or transfer to another company, your information may be transferred. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your information, you will be provided notice (which may be via updates to this page) about the choices you have to decline to permit such a transfer.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on this website or with respect to our other Services, consider what information to include and exclude; in addition, there may be a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want your information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- We may provide you with access to your registration information and the ability to edit this information in your account settings. Please be aware that even after you delete or update information within our Services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
- Some of our Services may provide you with additional information and choices about your privacy, which you should review.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by informing us.
Our Commitment to Security
Our Services are intended for a general audience, and children under the age of 16 should not register, or should only register with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Last updated: 9 March 2017.